Wednesday, April 5 – noon-1:30pm, Latham & Watkins, 330 N. Wabash
Free – but space is limited. RSVP to Chicago Appleseed email@example.com or 312-988-6552
You will learn:
* How to protect your client in a videoconference hearing;
* Best practices for asking for and utilizing pre-hearing conferences;
* What to watch for when an interpreter is being used;
* How to get the documents you need for trial; and
* Tips for interacting with DHS counsel before trial. The Immigration Justice Collaboration of Appleseed has made the Practice Guide, “Getting Off the Assembly Line: Overcoming Immigration Court Obstacles in Individual Cases”, available at http://www.appleseednetwork.org/immigrationcollaborative. It provides an overview of immigration court proceedings, as well as specific sections on working with clients in detention with templates and sample documents to assist attorneys in these cases.
View the event flyer here.
Thursday, April 6, 2017
This year, we honor Baker McKenzie for their work on criminal justic reform and child support court reform. We also honor Goldberg Kohn for their work on prohibiting shackled for juveniles during court proceedings and for promoting the independence of administrative hearing officers. The reception further celebrates pro bono work done on behalf of Chicago Appleseed and the Appleseed Network. More details and plege/ticket information available here.
New York & Appleseed Network Pillars of Justice Reception
Thursday, June 13, 2017
Mark your calendars now to join us in honoring David E. Sternberg of Brown Brothers Harriman and learning more about the important work that NY Appleseed and the national Appleseed Network are engaged in. The reception will once again be held at the New-York Historical Society, 6pm -9pm. For updates and details, visit our NY event page here.
Monday, September 25, 2017
Mark your calendars now and return to this page later for more details and links to register yourself or your team for the Appleseed Network Golf Outing at TPC Potomac, 10000 Oaklyn Dr, Potomac, MD 20854. The event starts at 10am.